Success Stories

Ann

Procedure : Facial contouring surgery (cheekbone reduction, jaw angle reduction, cortical osteotomy and genioplasty) / Rhinoplasty (silicone implant, septal cartilage and ear cartilage) / Double eyelid surgery non-incision method

1b5b139f2a8a36650bc0176bafd58e5c_1705989113_1726.jpg

Hi everyone! I’m Ann and I’m here writing to share my experience of having plastic surgery in Braun PS in Seoul. This is definitely a wonderful experience that changed my whole life and I hope this is helpful for all of you who are hesitating to get surgery here! Hope you guys like it! ;)

Honestly, I hesitated a lot before too, considering the fact that there are lots of obstacles for foreigners like me to get surgery in Korea. The language barrier, the difference in aesthetic standards, and the inability to receive aftercare or check-ups once I left Korea, all held me back at that time. But when I saw the YouTube Shorts of Braun, I was impressed by how natural their surgery results are. I made up my mind and made an appointment for a consultation for the surgery during my trip to Korea.

So here I came to Braun for consultation!

f9a514d9c9f7d34ce17c4fe95fcd9ad7_1705906065_734.jpg  f9a514d9c9f7d34ce17c4fe95fcd9ad7_1705906065_8123.jpg

Braun provided me a form asking whether I had any food allergies or diseases. I also went for a CT scan and photoshoot afterward. When it came to consultation, I was so nervous because I could not speak Korean and I wondered if there would be any difficulties in communication. But thankfully there was a translator in Braun and she helped translate every piece of word from the doctor. Thank you so much! 

I met Dr. Lee Ji Won for a consultation on rhinoplasty. He explained clearly every single step of the surgery and how they will affect the appearance of my nose. Before the consultation, I searched for some pictures of the nose appearance that I wanted, and I showed them to Dr. Ji and told him that I wanted my nose naturally done. Thank you Dr. Lee for solving my inquiries patiently and being so nice to me! J

I also met Dr. Kim Tae Gyu for facial contouring surgery. He clearly identified how my facial structure was and I’m impressed by how professional he is! Looking at my CT scan, Dr. Kim told me that there was enough space from my nerve position, which means there are a lot of bones to cut and it’s gonna be a huge difference after surgery. I was confident towards Dr. Kim and I knew the outcome was gonna be great!

f9a514d9c9f7d34ce17c4fe95fcd9ad7_1705906264_5361.jpg

On the surgery day, I was sooooooo nervous because there was going to be a tremendous change on my face. I’m wondering what I will look like when I wake up from anesthesia.

After arriving at Braun, I took some photos for the record before surgery. I also met the doctors again for the surgery design. I met Dr. Kim Seung Min to design my double eyelid. I’m once again impressed by how professional they were because the doctors were using rulers to measure the length of my eyelid and the angle of my nose tip and nose bridge. Also, Dr. Kim asked me whether I like higher crease or not and he really did respect my opinion. 

Before coming to Korea for surgery, I was so worried that surgery would just make me look like a pretty doll without any individual characteristics. But I could feel the doctors in Braun are really catering to my own needs and their surgery designs are customized to every individual to make them look better than before, instead of just fulfilling the social standard of beauty. 

Oh, do remember that you cannot drink or eat 6 hours before the surgery! So I was really thirsty before the surgery. L On the way to the surgery room, I was so nervous but excited, and I couldn’t wait to look at the mirror when I woke!

Another thing I worried about was whether I would wake up in the middle of the surgery. But the surgery went really well and I couldn’t even remember when did I fell asleep!

f9a514d9c9f7d34ce17c4fe95fcd9ad7_1705906285_6127.jpg

When I woke up, I felt a bit dizzy because of the anesthesia. My dry throat was desperately in need of water but the nurses told me that I could not drink or take a nap until 6 hours after the surgery. So that was the hardest part of my surgery experience because my throat was full of sputum.

6 hours after the surgery, I could finally drink some water through a syringe and my throat felt wayyyyyy better. Other than that, I did not feel pain at all because of the painkiller.

On the next day, the blood drain was removed but I still could not open my mouth widely. I could barely speak or chew and my face was way more swollen than my expectation. I was so worried when my swollen all gone. But thankfully, Braun offered me a de-swelling treatment and a paper bag filled with porridge, medicine, and cucurbita juice. These really helped de-swelling a lot!

f9a514d9c9f7d34ce17c4fe95fcd9ad7_1705906360_5356.jpg

The first two days after the operation went surprisingly fine, I didn’t throw up or feel any pain at all. All of the uncomfortable feelings came from my swollen face and I followed the post-operation instructions from the doctor strictly – going out for a walk or de-swelling. Before surgery, I thought that I would not be able to shower for a few weeks but surprisingly, the nurse told me that I could just remove the compression garment while taking the shower and put them on again afterward.

If any of you are going to get surgery here, remember to follow the post-operation instructions well! My doctor told me to gargle every two hours and apply ointments on my eyelid, I did and I felt my recovery process went incredibly smooth! Also, if you want your swelling parts to subside much quicker, do apply icepacks and heating pads on those parts carefully!

So the recovery went really well and I went back to Braun to get my cast off. The doctor told me that the surgery was successful and all I had to do was wait for the swelling part to go down. I felt really satisfied with the result and I even went to Gyeongbokgung and took photos in Korean traditional dress!

f9a514d9c9f7d34ce17c4fe95fcd9ad7_1705906450_4662.jpg

​I’m so grateful to the doctors, nurses, translators, and my friend who took good care of me during the surgery process. This is definitely one of my life-changing experiences and all my friends and families like the new version of me too! ;) Thank you so much, Braun!

Here are some before-and-after comparisons for those who are curious about the surgery result:

f9a514d9c9f7d34ce17c4fe95fcd9ad7_1705906508_2795.jpg

f9a514d9c9f7d34ce17c4fe95fcd9ad7_1705906508_3617.jpg

f9a514d9c9f7d34ce17c4fe95fcd9ad7_1705906508_4245.jpg

*Complications such as bleeding, infection or inflammation may occur following the surgery, and individual satisfaction may differ: please consult with your surgeon.
닫기
QR
QR
로그인하셔야 본 서비스를 이용하실 수 있습니다.